Intake customer vehicles, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
• Assist Service department manager in maintaining an efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale and clearly communicate with customer.
• Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
• Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
• Determine correct part numbers on repair orders; assist parts department with picking/posting parts as needed.
• Communicate with mechanics and customers throughout the job duration.
• Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
• Notify customers ASAP of changes, delays, or additional work needed.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably. Demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
• Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
• Perform cashier functions, as needed.
• Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
• Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
• Follow procedures for quick & efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage.
• Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
• Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication skills.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Maintain up to date technical qualifications by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
• Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
• Current Motorcycle license.
• Competitive hourly plan plus bonus based on parts to service sold, and billed hours (30k-40k Annually)
• Health Benefits, Dental, Vision and Life insurance plans.
• Paid time off for vacation and holidays.
• Employee Retail Discount.